Friday, March 21, 2008

White Wine Survey Results

Winning the previous survey was Sauvignon Blanc with 41% of the votes. Readers are possibly attracted to the dryer more herbaceous flavor with hints citrus and flint.

Next off was Pinot Grigio with 25% of the votes. Obviously readers haven't had an experience of being overserved Pinot Grigio like I have. Since having too much of one of those LARGE bottle of Luna de Luna, I haven't touched the stuff.

Chardonnay took home 16% of the votes. Personally, I think oak and wine should be limited to red wines, however, I can see how the creamy smooth Chardonnay flavors can be attractive.

The last two wines, Riesling and Boone's Farm took home 8% of the vote each. Throughout our trip, I have had a few Rieslings that were pretty decent. Both were better than a bottle of Boone's Farm, but I think it's safe to say that our readers prefer non-sweet white wines better than the sweeter varietals.

Thanks for voting, next week please vote for your favorite red!

Cheers,
~S

No comments: