Friday, August 17, 2007

I'm tired of being a tourist.

Today at the Egyptian Antiquities (which are indeed ruins from Egypt's past) Museum, I realized that I was tired of being a tourist. I'm having an absolute blast exploring the world, meeting different types of people and experiencing new cultures, but the dollar sign that's been stamped on my forehead along with the word "Tourist" is wearing my patience thin.

I know that for every 1 person that approaches me with "welcome, please spend some money," there are a million others here that aren't interested in me or my money.

It did help staying in Dahab for an extended period of time though, so that the locals got to know us, and began to joke around.

I'm hoping that in India or Nepal we get the chance to visit a CARE project, and do some less touristy things.

~S

No comments: