Friday, July 13, 2007

Little Diesel Cars

Little diesel cars! What a change, a pleasant change for me. The Spanish especially love the BMW 1-series making them cool in my book. The driving rules are very relaxed but Valencians respect and brake for pedestrians. Even though the fuel is expensive everyone seems to drive around a lot actually everything is expensive plus for the Americans the exchange rate makes it frightfully expensive. I watched everyone though and consumption was on par with what I would expect at any mall but was absurd at the Americas Cup fan stores. People were wearing at least $300 worth of Alinghi gear or whatever team they were rooting for. The disparity in the view of purchases is most likely from my viewpoint of needing to make ends meet for one year with an income. Alas, all of the fan gear will just have to wait!
JC

No comments: